Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This widget could not be displayed.

Exchange Mailbox Service Broker

by Migaelm ‎04-04-2016 05:02 AM - edited ‎09-21-2016 02:27 AM

Like Outlook but in a SmartObject. Now supports Office 365. This Service Broker allows K2 to connect to a specified Mailbox on Exchange and perform the following actions through SmartObjects:

• List emails in any folder including Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items and any custom folder
  • Move emails between folders
  • Delete Emails Permanently or Move them to the Delete Items Folder
  • Read a specific email
  • Get all of the attachments on a specific email including the inline ones
  • Create Draft Emails
  • Create Reply/Forward Draft Emails
  • Attach Files to Draft Emails. You can also mark attachments as inline and use them as
    part of the body of the email
  • Send Draft Email
  • Send New Email Directly (No attachments)
  • (NEW) Supports Exchange Online / Office 365
  • (NEW) Can be configured to impersonate to access currently logged on user's mailbox
  • (NEW) Supports Shared Mailboxes.

This is very useful for when you want to develop a Mailbox Centric solution where the users typically send information/attachments to the system via email. 

This is also useful where you want to send emails to users from a specific mailbox and not the K2 Service account one. Typically, when you have many solutions on a K2 environment you might want each system to communicate with users from a different email address.

The current version  only supports the most basic features for Reading and Sending emails and some basic support for attachments. Future versions might include support for more features like Calendar Items, Meeting Requests, etc. 

MailboxServiceObjects.PNG

Comments
by Daniele
on ‎04-26-2016 11:08 PM

Does it support also email event, for example to start a new workflow?

Kind regards

Daniele

by Migaelm
on ‎05-18-2016 05:51 AM

Unfortunately not :) but you could perform polling via a scheduled workflow to achieve something similar.

by Justin
on ‎05-24-2016 11:13 AM

I'm a big +1 for potential Exchange calendar features.  This functionality would be extremely helpful with several scenarios my company has.  Thanks!

by TBM
on ‎07-01-2016 05:04 AM

I would love to see this available for Appit. Also, I could use the calendar features right now! I'm developing a scheduling app which would greatly benefit from having a SmartObjects interface to Exchange calendars.

by SFerrari
on ‎10-07-2016 06:39 AM

Hi All,

I tried to use the echange mailbox service broker. But I end up with error when executing my smartobject methods with an Unauthorized excpetion.

Could you please provide some guidelines how to use it? I mean what are the prequisite of exchange security etc.

I tried to read emails of a mailbox and create a draft mail.

Thanks and regards,

Sebastien 

by inoracker
on ‎11-16-2016 02:42 AM

Nice! And like Justin said - would be super interested if Calendar features were added! Cheers!