Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This widget could not be displayed.

Form Progress Steps

by riva on ‎09-23-2015 01:27 AM

9-23-2015 12-12-22 PM.png

This is a visual control that displays a linear flow. It could give users a simple view of where they are in the process, and what other steps to take.

It can populate from a workflow and display client events into a linear progress bar (think of it as a super simplified View Flow), or it could populate from a SmartObject.

An item is highlighted in blue to mark is as 'active'. If populating from a workflow, this is detected form the SerialNo parameter to detect the current event; otherwise if populating from a SmartObject, this is defined by the State name.

Comments
by Abi
‎11-17-2015 08:30 PM - edited ‎11-17-2015 08:32 PM

Hi ,

Really nice custom controls. Thanks for sharing with us. I used the control in my workflow and configured to read from workflow(Please find the screenshot). Its showing all the user activities nicely, but not changing the status according to the current activity. Alwasy in the first step.

Can you please advice me, if anything wrong in my configuaration?

Cheers

Apina

Config.PNG

ErrorOnProgressBar.JPG

by dwsteven
on ‎08-16-2016 07:33 AM

I followed the manuel and uses the transfer data to set the state of the control but that isn't working at all.
is this a know bug. will this be fixed and when?

by Esmond
on ‎09-15-2016 04:49 PM
Hey guys, to get this to work for me I had to make a few changes to the code and recompile it. Firstly I changed the username string from : string sUserName = "K2:" + this.Context.User.Identity.Name; to just string sUserName = this.Context.User.Identity.Name; Secondly I changed all the this.Page.Request.QueryString["SerialNo"] to this.Page.Request.QueryString["SN"] Hope this helps!
by riva
on ‎10-06-2016 08:51 PM

Hi dwsteven,

Sorry for the late response! Didn't realize I wasn't auto-subscribed to my own post.

Try setting it to the Label name and it should work.

Planning to release another version soon that will support 4.7.

Thanks to Esmond for pointing those out!

by aaronmmc
on ‎10-28-2016 01:43 PM

I notice that it often doesnt reflect the right client event, I open the viewflow and observe that its on the right activity but the progress img does not reflect that?

by aaronmmc
on ‎10-28-2016 01:46 PM

Actually it works if I issue an iisreset (it will reflect correct activity in the bar)

thoughts?

by riva
on ‎10-30-2016 07:24 AM
Hi aaronmmc, That's strange. I've never encountered that before. Does it continue to work after doing a 1-time iisreset? What's your control's properties? Are you populating from the SN, or did you specify the workflow name / ID?
by aaronmmc
on ‎10-31-2016 07:39 AM

even after an iisrest it appears to get stuck in some previous state. Ill test on different machines next

by Viesturs
on ‎11-01-2016 07:12 AM

@aaronmmc
I had the same probblem with control not reflecting the right client event. Turns out it was a caching issue.
Adding following to the control class solved the issue

protected override void OnInit(EventArgs e)
{
     Page.Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache); 
     base.OnInit(e);
}

by aaronmmc
on ‎11-01-2016 08:54 AM

thanks what worked great, no issues.

by riva
on ‎11-28-2016 08:32 PM

Hi All, i have uploaded a new version that includes bug fixes mentioned in this thread + your valuable feedbacks.

Please see the updated documentation for more details.

by Nik86
‎02-12-2017 11:02 PM - edited ‎02-12-2017 11:03 PM

Hi Riva,

I faced one issue while implemetning progress control.

I have added few Activities and used form progess control,Its working fine.

Now there is change requrest hence i have added couple of new acitvities in middle of the workflow. but progress control not updated steps ,My new activites came to last .

E.g  Submission  --> Assignment-->Approval --> END

Now i have added two more acitvities UpdateApproval,Investigation after Asssignment but now form progess rule dispaly those acitvities after END steps

Submission  --> Assignment-->Approval --> END-->UpdateApproval-->Investigation

How i can update the acitvity sequence if we add any new activites in middle .

Thanks in advance.

by riva
on ‎02-12-2017 11:11 PM

Hi Nik86,

Unfortunately, that is one of the limitations of the control, as documented in the PDF.

The Events are sorted based on the sequence of adding activities within the workflow. (i.e. First activity created within the workflow --- its event will be first in the control; 2 nd activity created will display its event as 2nd; etc.). Unfortunately, this cannot be easily changed for now. If you happen to have suggestions for the APIs (specifically for finding out the line sequences), do let me know. Meanwhile I'll ask around if there's a way to fix this.

by Viesturs
on ‎02-14-2017 06:15 AM

Hi riva,
Regarding problem with event sorting, my suggestion is to add option to sort events by their Display name (not very useful) or Metadata.
Metadata fields are good solution for this problem because one could simply put sequence numbers in them.

Capture.PNG

We can also specify Metadata in Activity General Properties so for more flexibility maybe  allow to sort by both.

by riva
on ‎02-14-2017 06:49 PM

Hi Viesturs,

That is an awesome suggestion!

Will add that in when i find the time in the next few weeks. :)

by riva
on ‎02-24-2017 12:25 AM

Hi Nik86 and Viesturs,

Thank you for your awesome feedback.

I have uploaded a new version that supports sorting based on WF Event Metadata. 

Cheers!

by wortho
on ‎05-28-2017 11:09 PM
Hi Riva, when clicking the Download All Links above the zip is empty. Can you please re-upload? Thanks.
by riva
on ‎05-29-2017 12:27 AM

Hi Wortho,

I have reuploaded v0.7 and it seems to work now.

[Strangely the download all didn't work, but the individual downloads work. I have raised a ticket to our IT to check out the cause of this issue.]

Many thanks!

by alpseb
‎06-01-2017 01:28 AM - edited ‎06-01-2017 01:29 AM

Hi riva,

we are using a different K2 Server port than 5555. I guess this is the problem why the control doesn't work in our environment. Is there any possibility to make the port the control should use configurable?

Many thanks!

by riva
on ‎06-01-2017 10:29 PM

Hi Alpseb,

Done! Please see v0.8 uploaded. :)

Riva