Home Forum Blog Market Events Resources
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Scheduled workflow just quit running..WHY?

I have a workflow that runs every hour.  Since I implemented it, it has run 3890 times with 0 failures. 

All of a sudden on Thursday, it just quit running.  

Any idea why?  Here's a screenshot of it in management console.

workflow_schedule.jpg

workflow_2.jpg

As I don't have the time or resources to monitor these workflows (because they're supposed to be automated, right?), I'm now a little bit uneasy with the workflow scheduler.  My project now (that I don' t have time for) is to make a NEW workflow to monitor this workflow and check to see if this one actually ran.  

Anyway, has anyone else had this issue?  Or does anyone have any idea why a scheduled workflow would just stop running?

Rob

Re: Scheduled workflow just quit running..WHY?

Execute the below Query in SQL and post the result please. Replace <SCHEDULE NAME> with the actuall schedulle name in the screenshot above

Declare @ScheduleName nvarchar(max)
Declare @SchID int

Set @ScheduleName = '<SCHEDULE NAME>'
Set @SchID = (Select [ID] from [Eventbus].[ScheduleInstance]
where [ScheduleID] in (Select [ID] from [Eventbus].[Schedule]
where [Name] = @ScheduleName))

Select * from [Eventbus].[ScheduleInstance]
where [ScheduleID] in (Select [ID] from [Eventbus].[Schedule]
where [Name] = @ScheduleName)

Select * from [Eventbus].[CustomEvent]
where [Name] = @ScheduleName

exec [Eventbus].[aGetSchedule] @SchID

Also check the [Eventbus].[ClientRecorderError] table for errors relating to this Workflow or schedulle over the past couple of hours.

HTH

Vernon

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member
Frequent Contributor

Too late.  When I re-created the schedule, I deleted the old one in case it magically 'came back to life' and then was running it twice (which would also be a disaster).  So, the name of that schedule no longer exists.

I would settle for HYPOTHETICAL reasons just so I can plan ahead, though.

Rob

Hi Robert,

I’m not sure if this will help. It's possible the issue might be related to outdated serviceID in ScheduleInstance table. The serviceID is the K2 Server ID, this is stored in [Eventbus].[ebsServiceRegister] table. When the workflow scheduler is executed, the serviceID will be set in the ([Eventbus].[ScheduleInstance]) table, after that it will reset back to 0 (Available). My guess is, it’s somehow picking up the wrong serverID and it’s not matching to the one in ebsServiceRegister table. That can cause the workflow schedule to stop.  

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

I suspect there might have been a date discrepancy that caused it not to fire on the hour anymore. The output data might have given us a picture of what is causing this.

With it deleted and recreated there is no way to try and find the root cause, please let us know if you see this again but im glad recreating it solved it for now.

Thanks

Vernon

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member