11-16-2008 03:58 PM - edited 02-27-2014 04:17 PM
Error given when we set a DateTime on a ProcessInstance variable : "Ticks must be between DateTime.MinValue.Ticks and DateTime.MaxValue.Ticks. Parameter name: ticks"
Applications (given for reference, plays no part in error):
WebSite (ASP.Net Framework.Net 3.5) which calls WCF service (Framework.Net 3.5 through tcp Channel) hosted on a Windows Service which calls Asmx WebService (Framework.Net 2.0 through basicHttpBinding (on the client side)) hosted on IIS 6.0 Which instanciates K2ROM and sets the variables
Variable Set operation : oProcessInstance.DataFields["Variable"].Value = Convert.ToDateTime(DateTime.Now);
Operating Services on servers (all) : Windows Server 2003 SP1
We have another web site in the same Server with k2rom and datetime process instance variables working fine.
11-17-2008 05:10 PM - edited 02-27-2014 04:17 PM
The first thing that jumps out at me, based on your description, is that the website that calls the WCF service (as well as the WCF service itself) are using .NET Framework 3.5.
As far as I know, K2 is not compatible with .NET Framework 3.5.
11-18-2008 01:34 AM - edited 02-27-2014 04:17 PM
All K2Rom interaction is done with a .NET Framework 2.0 web service.
11-25-2008 04:32 PM - edited 02-27-2014 04:18 PM
I did some digging for you. First of all, there is apparently an issue with data type compatibility problems between .NET 1.1 and .NET 2.0 and it is detailed here on Microsoft’s support site:
This "ticks" error has also been seen in K2.net 2003 upgrades from SP2a or SP3 to SP4. In those cases, it was solved by:
1. copying all assemblies from the server’s bin folder to the developer workstations, or
2. removing the k2rom from the GAC, then adding back the k2rom.dll out of the k2 install \ bin folder back to the GAC.
A third possibility is:
There is a problem with the Visual Studio 2005 Add-Ins that gets installed in the HP.BizProcFRMK.msi package. It seems that a number of .Net Framework files are changed to older versions that are incompatible with K2.net 2003.
11-28-2008 08:23 AM - edited 02-27-2014 04:18 PM
The assemblies in the server’s bin folder were different from the developer workstation.
Thanks a lot for your help!