Solved

Unable to save rules when using chrome

  • 28 March 2014
  • 7 replies
  • 9127 views

Hi,

 

I have a smartforms development issue when trying to develop in chrome. (Smartforms 1.0.3)

 

I have been getting a grey rule wizard configuarion screens when trying to finish the wizard. Because of this, editted rules are not saved.

 

As stated, this is on chrome, but when trying to reproduce the problem on IE9, the rule wizard finishes correctly.

 

I was wondering if anyone in the community has come accross this issue before and any tips to try to resolve this , dont plan on using IE9 for development.

 

so far I have tried:

- clearing the cache

- finishing the form and then going back in

- even restarting k2 itself.

 

I dont fully understand something that works in IE doesnt work in chrome, when chrome is the preffered smartforms development browser.

 

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by nelisiwe 2 April 2014, 12:34

Hi DR



 



By playing around with form rules we discovered that the request content lenth exceeds that of the filtering module, this then causing the rules to disappear when tring to save. We came to solution that by Increasing the maxAllowedContentLength setting in the Request Filtering section for the K2 Designer site in IIS and restarting the IIS the form rules are able to be saved. 



 



It is advisable to play around with the form with the chrome browser console open to see what I get when trying to modify rules. This will then point you to the direction where the error occures and which rule causes this. 



 



I learnt alot from that thank you DR



 



Regards



Nelly

View original

7 replies

Hi,


 


Which version of Google Chrome are you currently using? As this version may not be fully supported by SmartForms 1.0.3.


 


Please refer to http://help.k2.com/smartforms/support-matrix for more information.


 


Regards,

Using chrome 30.0.1599.101 m

 

Havent had an issue in the past with this version, since the form itself was develped on this version of chrome, it is just recently that issue has started to occur.

 

Tested on other forms, all is fine. Seems to be only observed on this single form.

Wondering if its related to the size and complexity of the form, since nagivating between controls is slow.

 

Rule wise, nothing has been removed, therefore no boken dependicies, rules have been either added and disabled where appropriate.

 

Hi,


 


When saying "size and complexity of the form", how many views is on the form,


 How many tabs do you have on the for (If used),


  And how many rules do you have on the form?


 


Something to test:


 


Try running all of the views linked to the form one at a time and test if works like it should,


  Also test how long the views takes to open and respond.


 


Also look at the rules of each view, Test if the problem occurs when (Adding/Editing/Saving) per view.


 


The reason for this is the problem could perhaps be caused by a specific view.


 


Regards


Quintin

There are 5 tabs displayed when requierd depending on the state. Averaging about 4 views per tab, and more rules I can count per state.

 

I was thinking that it could be a view that was causing the issue, however the newly addded views are shared with another form along with the rules, which i copied from, and on that form, it all is fine.

 

During this issue, I also noticed that rules were starting to get corrputed, especially on execute another rule.

This screenshot below:

 

 

 

 

 

Badge +7

Hi DR


 


I suggest logging a ticket as this sounds like a problem that would need quite deep investigation
 as to find the reason of this behavior.


 

After some investigation, found that chrome was throwing a 404 error on the http://.../designer/Rules/ajaxcall.ashx file.

Digging deeper, the issue seemed to be that the form had hit the IIS limit allowed for the content length.

 

Found that the default limit in  IIS was 30mb, I doubled it to see its affects, and the problem went away.

Hi DR


 


By playing around with form rules we discovered that the request content lenth exceeds that of the filtering module, this then causing the rules to disappear when tring to save. We came to solution that by Increasing the maxAllowedContentLength setting in the Request Filtering section for the K2 Designer site in IIS and restarting the IIS the form rules are able to be saved. 


 


It is advisable to play around with the form with the chrome browser console open to see what I get when trying to modify rules. This will then point you to the direction where the error occures and which rule causes this. 


 


I learnt alot from that thank you DR


 


Regards


Nelly

Reply