The K2 Community Site (the "Site") provided by K2 Software, Inc. (“K2”) exists for the sole purpose of providing our customers (“you”) a place to meet, interact, participate in discussions, and share ideas with each other. Like the community in which you live, the K2 community works best when everyone follows basic standards of conduct.
Your privilege to use and contribute to discussions depends on your compliance with the terms set forth below. By complying with these terms, you are assisting in creating the best possible community. K2 may revoke your registration privileges and/or take any other appropriate measures to enforce these terms if violations are brought to our attention. By your use of the K2 Community Site, you hereby agree to comply with and be bound by the following terms.
K2 provides access to interactive customer forums to its users "as is" without warranty of any kind. There may be, among other things, unexpected downtimes, loss of data, or interruptions of service. K2 SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF SUCH INTERRUPTIONS OR DATA LOSSES, OR OTHERWISE AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOSS OF BUSINESS.
Opinions expressed on the K2 Community Site are those of the message author and not of K2. Likewise, K2 makes no representations or warranties concerning the truth or falsity of any assertion of fact made by message authors on the Site. K2 SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF ANY MESSAGES POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES OR YOU TO ANY K2 MESSAGE BOARD OR BLOG.
The following actions are prohibited on the Site:
Use of explicit, vulgar, obscene language.
Posting or referencing sexually explicit images, adult or other offensive content.
Use of racially or ethnically offensive language.
Discussion which tends to incite or condone illegal activity. Soliciting the exchange of illegal materials, including but not limited to any illegal or harmful photograph, film, video, picture, or computer-generated image or picture (actual or simulated).
Use of harassing, threatening, embarrassing, or other similar unwanted language or actions.
The offer for sale products or services.
The use or posting of commercial banner advertisements or revenue-generating links (other than those which we have placed on a board).
The use or posting of material which infringes another's intellectual property rights, including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights.
The use or posting of content related to piracy, hacking or cracking, creating/disseminating viruses, worms or warez.'
The use or posting of material which is tortuous in nature or which violates a contractual or fiduciary obligation you or we owe to another party.
The use or posting of material which violates the K2 Usage Guidelines. (See below) Impersonating a representative of K2, K2 staff, or site leaders.
Posting or requesting personal or other information from a minor (any person under the age of 18), including, without limitation, any of the following: full name, home address, telephone number, picture, or the name of their school.
Posting any link to or any images from a site containing any material prohibited by these terms.
Posting any material deemed offensive or inappropriate by K2 in its sole discretion.
You acknowledge that K2 will not pre-screen content posted on the Site ('Content'), but that K2 and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse to post or remove from the Site any Content that may be in violation of these terms.
You agree that you are responsible for evaluating your use of any Content, and you bear all risks associated with such use, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content. In this regard, you acknowledge that any reliance on any Content submitted by other users of the Site, including without limitation information posted on the Site, it entirely at your own risk.
WAIVER OF DAMAGES. YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING ELSE IN THESE USAGE TERMS OR OTHERWISE, K2 SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, EITHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHICH INCLUDES WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, GOODWILL, DATA OR OTHER LOSESS (EVEN IF K2 HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE K2 COMMUNITY SITE, OR USE OR PERFORMANCE OF SOFTWARE, DOCUMENTS, OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SITE.
INDEMNITY. You agree to indemnify and hold K2, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, co-branders, licensors, other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, or your violation of any rights of another party regarding or relating to the Site.
MODIFICATION. K2 reserves the right to modify these usage terms at any time. Modifications will be posted to this website. You agree to review these usage terms for modifications regularly. You accept new usage terms if you use the Service at any time after any such modifications.
NO UNSOLICITED E-MAIL. Individuals or organizations that promote or use spamming (unsolicited bulk e-mail) or similar actions and methods are not allowed to use the Site. Any form of unsolicited e-mail or newsgroup posting that includes a link to or references a K2 message board or blog is prohibited.
ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These usage terms contain the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other promises or conditions in any other agreement whether oral or written. These usage terms supersede any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
NO WAIVER. K2's failure at any time to enforce any provision of these usage terms shall not constitute a waiver or limitation of K2's right subsequently to enforce every provision of the usage terms.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY. If you establish a member account on the Site, you must complete the registration process by providing K2 with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form. You also will choose a password and an email address. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify K2 immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. K2 will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password, either with or without your knowledge.
However, you could be held liable for losses incurred by K2 or another party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else's account without the permission of the account holder. K2's collection and use of the information you provide is governed by K2's privacy policies.
Notice specific to Software available on this Site. Any software that is made available to download from the Site ("Software") is the copyrighted work of K2 and/or its suppliers. Use of the Software is governed by the terms of the end user license agreement, which accompanies or is included with the Software ("License Agreement"). You must agree to the License Agreement terms that accompany or are included with any Software and will be unable to install any Software unless you first agree to the License Agreement terms. The Software is made available for download solely for your personal use according to the License Agreement. Any reproduction or redistribution of the Software not in accordance with the License Agreement is expressly prohibited by law and may result in civil and criminal liabilities.
Notice specific to documents made available on this Site. Permission to use documents published by K2 on this Site (such as white papers, press releases, datasheets and FAQs) is granted, provided that (1) all trademarks, copyright and other notices remain in such documents in their original form, and (2) use of such documents is for informational and non-commercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no changes or modifications to any such documents are made.
The documents specified above do not include the design or layout of the Site or any other website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by K2 (collectively, "K2 Websites"). Elements of K2 Websites are protected by copyright, trademark, trade dress, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any K2 Websites may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted by K2.
K2 Community Usage Guidelines
In addition to dialogue about the latest software developments for the K2 platform, the Community offers forums exclusively for online community leaders and users. K2 Community is regularly updated with information and examples of ways to use K2 software in the “real world.” We welcome your feedback and offer multiple ways to provide it.
1. Do not post personal information on the forums. The posting of personal information of yourself or anyone else including, but not limited to phone numbers, e-mail addresses, physical addresses, names, or other personally identifying information is strictly prohibited. To keep your identity and personal information safe and to keep from being added to a spammer’s e-mail list, it is recommended that you not include email addresses or other personal information in your posts.
2. Be polite. These forums are designed to build a positive, thriving community. Positive, constructive comments and questions that are on topic will maintain a positive spirit on these forums. Please give the same consideration and tolerance to others that you would like to receive from them.
3. Stay on topic. Always stick to the original topic that was stated by the person who started the thread. If you have a suggestion or comment that is on a different topic, please start a new thread.
4. Do not flame. Flaming is the act of posting messages that are deliberately hostile and insulting. These types of posts are absolutely not allowed and will result in the immediate revocation of one’s forum posting privileges.
5. Do not be a troll. Trolls are individuals who post rude or offensive messages for the purpose of disrupting a discussion or to upset other forum participants. Trolls will have their posts deleted and may be banned from participating in the forums. Additionally, if you identify a troll or flame post in these forums that matches the above descriptions, please do not respond to these types of posts. Trolls thrive off of any attention that they receive and responding to their posts will only encourage more derogatory responses and can also result in having your forum posting privileges revoked. Please utilize the “Flag - Report Comment” function on any post to alert a moderator of any troll or flame post, or email us at Communitymanagers@k2.com.
6. Do not spam. Repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is not welcome here. When making a post, please post it only one time in the most appropriate forum category that fits the topic of your post. Multiple posts will be locked or deleted, and continued abuse of this guideline may result in having your posting privileges revoked.
7. Do not advertise. The K2 Community is not to be used for trading/swapping, selling or advertising products or services.
8. Do not post inappropriate or offensive content. Messages containing insults, profanity or religiously, racially, or sexually offensive content will be removed immediately and will result in having your posts edited or deleted and your forum posting privileges revoked. This includes religious debates. Also, these forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked. So please, keep the posts clean.
9. Please practice good "netiquette." This includes respecting others, refraining from typing in all Caps, avoiding flame wars, refraining from "bumping" posts and keeping a level head at all times. Together, we can make the K2 Community safe and fun for everyone!
10. Be considerate and respectful to your fellow K2 Community users, as you would in any professional setting. Keep in mind the users you meet may be from different countries, cultures, and backgrounds, with different languages as your own.
11. Due to the wide range of experience levels of our members, responses can certainly vary in quality, frequency, and applicability. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that every post will receive an answer.
12. Write a clear, concise title about the subject matter and ensure your grammar and spelling is correct. We reserve the right to correct any spelling mistakes in titles or posts, to preserve the quality of content on the K2 Community.
13. If you know the answer to a question asked, post it as a reply so that others can benefit. Recognize any help/answers you receive by giving the response a “like”, and if they have answered your question mark it as the “Best Answer”. It recognizes the time spent on answering the question, and alerts others that your question was fully answered. We reserve the right to mark a reply as the correct answer, if we consider that as the solution to a question asked.
Copyright © 2020. K2 Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Patents pending. SourceCode, K2, K2.net, and other marks are registered trademarks or trademarks of K2 Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
Community Download License
By downloading any project from the Community, you are agreeing to our download license. You can read it here.
Information we obtain from cookies are used to analyze our community. We use this data to adjust the community to your personal preferences. Finally, when sending information about our products and services, we can take your previous interest for certain pages into account.
You choose which cookies you want to allow. If you have an account you can adjust your choice in your profile settings. If you do not have an account, you can change your cookie settings by deleting them via the internet options of your browser and visiting the community again. You will then be asked to choose your settings again. There are 3 settings: Basic, Normal and Complete.
- Basic: Functional
- Normal: Functional + analytics
- Complete: Functional + analytics + social media + embedded videos
Tracking / Analytics
We collect browsing data from you to continuously improve your experience. We will not spam you nor sell it to other parties.